Hybrid Working – Pencoed/ Home
Salary - £30k pro rata
Fixed Term Contract – 3 to 6 months
Our client is looking for an Accountant on a FTC to join their team for 3 – 6 months initially.
Competitive salary £30,000 per annum
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Flexible modern working practices such as TOIL and working from home
6 late starts or early finishes per annum (worth 2 hours each, in line with hours worked)
· Relevant UK professional accounting qualification or qualified through extensive experience.
· Experience of preparing final accounts
· Experience of improving and developing financial information systems, controls and procedures.
· Experienced in computerised accounts package - SAGE 50 is highly desirable.
· Understanding of finance regulations and legislation
· A good awareness of corporate compliance and issues that frequently arise.
· Ability to analyse information and identify key trends
· Commercial awareness with an aptitude to support entrepreneurial activity,
· Excellent skills to at least intermediate levels in Microsoft Excel and accounts software skills are essential.
· Excellent skills in other Microsoft Office packages, i.e. Outlook, Word, using the internet.
· Support the Finance Manager with producing year-end financial accounts and liaising with the Company’s Accountants in completing the annual audit.
· Review financial performance of business contracts and projects, providing trend analysis and variance reports.
· Prepare month end journals and key balance sheet reconciliations.
· Assist in recognising and recommending to the line manager suitable improvements to department process and procedures to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the department is maintained.
· Assist in the review and writing of new and existing procedures.
· Ensure all systems are maintained in an accurate and timely manner at all times.
· Undertake other reasonable tasks as and when requested by management.