Accounts Semi-Senior (Healthcare)
Cardiff (Hybrid working after 6 months probation)
Salary - £22k - £28k DOE
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week, 8.30am – 5pm, or 9 – 5.30pm.
Our client is looking for an Accounts Semi Senior in their Healthcare department in Cardiff.
• Genuine Work Life balance
• 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
• Competitive salary package
• Employee Recognition awards
• Paid CSR time
• Accredited Investor in People
• New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
• And more!
• AAT qualified or part qualified
• Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment
• Strong double entry knowledge and skill
• Ideally a good working knowledge of Xero, Sage, MS Word, Excel and other IT packages, although training would be available
• Basic tax knowledge - how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
• Communication - good written, verbal and active listening skills
• Organisational skills
• Commercial awareness / client focus
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Willingness/flexibility to travel.
• To assist clients to process financial information.
• Prepare accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met.
• Complete each assignment as far as possible before passing to the manager for review.
• Complete VAT returns for allocated clients.
• Prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards from books and records maintained by our client.
• Prepare accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
• Adhere to proper accounting standards.
• To assist with the processing of data for personal tax returns, to contact HMRC as needed on behalf of clients.
• To assist with the completion of NHS pensions certificates of pensionable profits for GP clients
• Meet deadlines and time budgets.
• Develop and maintain good client relations.
• Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
• Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting and accounting systems in use (including software
If this Accounts Semi Senior position is of interest, please apply today.