Newport + some travel to visit clients
Full-time, Permanent role, 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Our client, a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants; is recruiting an audit senior to join its growing audit team.
The Audit Senior will be the key member of the Business Advisory Department. They will be the first point of contact for the client during fieldwork and will be responsible for managing and assisting the audit team on-site. They will also be responsible for keeping management up to date on the status of the fieldwork.
As an Audit Senior, your typical daily duties will include;
• Maintain and develop technical ability by attending webinars and keeping abreast of technical development;
• Identify key audit risks based on the background knowledge, thorough research, preliminary results and discussions with the client, and ensure appropriate work is done to address those;
• Review audit working papers of junior members of the team during fieldwork;
• Lead fieldwork teams on larger or higher risk audit clients;
• Prepare draft accounts and review disclosures in reference to the applicable checklist;
• Being the first point of contact for the client whilst on-site and ensure any remaining queries are dealt with promptly even after the fieldwork has ended;
• Identify any areas of weakness in the client’s system & controls and making reasonable recommendations for improvements;
• Keep the manager informed of any issues that arise with the client;
• Discuss/agree any potential audit journals with the client during fieldwork;
• Raise any potential time overruns with the manager as they are identified;
• Be responsible for clearing review points and addressing any follow up queries until the date the audit report is signed.
• Be approachable to members of the audit team;
• Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team;
• Must have a good amount of post-qualification Audit experience
• Ideally a proficient user of Pro Audit (auto automation) and CCH Accounts Production;
• Experience as senior overseeing juniors on audits;
• Experience in group audits (preferably);
• Lead by example and instil a sense of professionalism in the audit team;
• Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff;
• Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team;
• Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship;
• Discuss difficult/contentious matters with the client directly on-site;
• Present yourself in a professional manner to the client at all times, including being appropriately dressed and communicating in an appropriate manner.
The working week: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 8.30AM to 5.00PM with flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
Location: Your work base is our Newport Office. However, you will be required to spend time working at client premises.
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• 2 additional discretionary Christmas shutdown days not counted as part of holiday entitlement
• Life assurance (4x salary)
• Pension Scheme arrangements
• Flexible working
• ICAEW/ACCA subscriptions paid