Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
Salary up to £30Kpa, DOE
An exciting property management company with commitment to quality and integrity at the heart of their core values, our client specialises in residential, commercial and block management as well as many aspects of residential and commercial property maintenance.
We are looking for an experienced Block Manager to join their core management team based in Cardiff. The principle responsibility of the Block Manager is to ensure that all managed properties are maintained to a high standard and that freeholders, leaseholders and tenants are complying with all their requirements whilst also balancing the high level of customer service that is expected within the company. The company has a strong culture surrounding hard work, dedication, customer service, attention to detail and teamwork and the applicant must fit in with this philosophy.
As a Block Manager you will be expected to be the point of contact for landlords, contractors, tenants, leaseholders and freeholders. You will deal with all aspects of the portfolio you are assigned. The role is predominantly office based but will include property visits and regular liaison with Property Inspectors. You will be expected to make sure the company hits service level agreement targets and look to maximise the property assets for the freeholders and leaseholders. You many also be required to take a supervisory role when the Head of Property Management is not in the office and support the rest of the property management team in day-to-day property management activities.
• Being the initial point of contact for freeholders and leaseholders for day to day issues on the property management help desk
• Liaising with contractors on maintenance tasks to get quotes, organise works and coordinate access
• Liaising with our in-house maintenance team to get quotes, organise quotes and coordinate access
• Liaising with freeholders and leaseholders on maintenance items or other issues relating to their freehold
• Dealing with utility suppliers for blocks and ongoing bills
• Preparation of legal documents for evictions
• Attending court for evictions
• Be the initial point of contact for all block management issues and liaise with directors and leaseholders when required
• Serve Section 20 notices
• Arrange and attend AGM's
• Advise on compliance
• Producing letters and reports
• Taking payment from tenants and applicants
• Property inspections
• Undertake inventories of managed properties
• Chasing and reducing rent, service charge and ground rent arrears
• Ensure that all managed properties meet current housing health and safety regulations, HMO regulations if relevant and other legislative requirements.
• Bond reconciliation. This includes recording and calculating fair costs which may be charged against the tenants bond, reconciling any bond disputes to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Investigating, reporting and enforcing breaches of tenancy.
• Be responsible for the emergency line not less than one week in seven and not more than one week in three.
• Responsible for all office duties to ensure that everything is run in the most streamlined and organised fashion possible.
• Monitor and advise for internal health and safety policies within the company.
• Provide mentoring and training on property standards for other property management staff.
• You may be required to perform other roles within the company deemed necessary by the organisation from time-to-time.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous property management experience and leasehold block management experience
• A reasonable idea of mechanical, electrical and general building issues
• High customer service levels
• A desire to exceed expectations
• The ability to deal with conflicting demands of leaseholders, landlords, tenants and freeholders
• A flexible approach to solving problems
• Strong time management skills