£27,000 per annum
Our client is one of the UK’s longest established, privately owned retailers of a multinational motor company. The purpose of the Body Shop Manager is to enhance long term profitability of the business whilst ensuring duty of care to staff and customers through responsible supervision.
As part of the company’s management team you are expected to oversee all activities undertaken within the Bodyshop Department. This will include the supervision of staff including task allocation, reviewing and testing competency and providing guidance as needed, as well as ancillary tasks for administration and facilitation of organisational objectives. Additional tasks include but are not limited to:
• Effective management of the Group’s Bodyshop function, taking ownership of all aspects of the role and working ably without close supervision
• Effective management of the department’s 6 staff members
• Allocating tasks and motivating workshop staff where required
• Delivering excellent customer service
• Making decisions on the escalation of issues
• Reporting concisely to senior management
• Engage in the warranty process
• Provide estimates both internally and externally where required.
• Previous experience within the motor industry
• PC literate, MS Office/Excel, Email, Internet
• Excellent organisational, & communication skills both written and verbal
• Attention to detail is essential
• Good clear and confident telephone manner
• Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and prioritise tasks
• A confident and flexible attitude
• Team player, organised and committed
Hours of work:
Department opening hours remain 08:00 – 17:00 Monday - Friday but may vary subject to business requirements. Required to work Saturdays on a rota basis inclusive of the remuneration package agreed.
Earnings of £27,000 a year. No fuel allowance provided, but business mileage for mobile estimates and training to be reimbursed using the Advisory Fuel Rates (AFR).