Bricklayer – 6 month FTC
6 month Fixed-Term Contract
Full-time, 37 hours per week
£ 26,441.00 per annum
Our client are a prominent and valued community housing organisation who are committed to providing high-quality and affordable accommodation across Blaenau Gwent.
They currently have a need for a Bricklayer to join them on a fixed-term contract for 6 months, working full-time 37 hours per week.
The bricklayer’s role carries out all aspects of brickwork, paving work and fencing from new work along with general maintenance and repairs work including other wet trade work and with a range of ancillary works associated with the trade activity, within a range of occupied and void properties including communal areas, garage sites and commercial properties.
This is an important customer facing role, working with customers to ensure their homes are maintained in a timely way, keeping them informed and completing repairs right first time to help reduce costs and meet our service first principles.
• Completing craft works ensuring that tasks are undertaken in a considerate manner and to a satisfactory standard in terms of performance and quality.
• Daily completion of job tickets, timesheets and detailing works undertaken.
• Working in a customer focused manor within tenanted homes and community areas.
• Carrying out dynamic risk assessments for the work to be undertaken including referring to all available risk information, for example asbestos survey data.
• Safe and effective use of tools appropriate to the work undertaken.
• Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
• Identifying materials and essential plant and equipment, appropriate for completion of repairs and maintenance.
• Responding to changes in work programme and identifying a course of action for priorities and/or emergencies encountered during the working day.
• Interpreting site conditions including weather and excessive moisture levels and to take appropriate action.
• Appropriate use of company equipment to include mobile phones and lone working devices.
• Driving company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner.
• Engaging with the wider Property Services Team and Management– sharing knowledge, reporting additional works required, reporting Health and Safety issues and taking part in meetings with the team and your Line Manager as required.
• Working with other teams and external agencies to deliver customer service across all areas.
• Multi Skilling is a requirement of the role, the multi skilled operative will be able to carry out trade based activities that do not form part of their core duties. You will be able to carry out these activities to a NVQ level 2 standards, i.e. to the same standard another core trade would complete them but it is accepted that you may not be quite as efficient in completing these activities that sit outside your own core trade area.
Essential Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Educated to level 3 of the National Qualification Framework for England, Wales and Northern Ireland in a City and Guilds Advanced Craft or NV
• Health and safety knowledge with an ability to ensure safe working practices
• A comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of Bricklaying works, maintenance and repair
• Significant experience within a similar role of similar responsibilities
• Able to use a computer / other technical devices (or a willingness to learn)
• Will need to be able to travel as part of the job, in a timely manner
• Negotiates/liaises with customers/staff effectively showing a willingness to find a common ground.
• Valid DBS
£26,441.00 per annum
St David Recruitment Services
14 days ago
Bricklayer – 6 month FTC