£30,000 per annum
Full time, permanent role
Closing date: 6th September 2021
This role is responsible for the development and provision of Building Surveying services across the company’s corporate objectives.
· Assistwith the implementation of theAssetManagementStrategyincludingoptionsappraisals and financially viable innovative design solutions in line with the “AssetManagementStrategicApproach”including statutoryandDutyofCarecompliance.
· AssisttheAssetsServicesManagerwiththepreparationandannualreviewofa30year financialplan.
· AssisttheAssetsServicesManagerwiththepreparationandannualreviewofa5year financialplanand investment programme.
· Carry out any duties necessary to fulfil requirements of RICS Building SurveyingCompetencies.
· Managedeliveryofallocatedprojectsinlinewiththe“RIBAPlanofWorks2020”Stages0 to 7 inclusive to ensure required cost, time and quality requirements are planned,monitoredandmet.
· AssisttheAssetsServicesManagerwiththepreparationanddeliveryofthedecarbonisationworksacross the company
· Coordinate AssetsProcurementactivitiestodeliver“ValueforMoney”.
· Provide technical advice and expert opinion on Building Surveying and Constructionrelatedmatters to staff,andstakeholders as required.
· Apply risk based judgement in all decision making and follow the principles of theConstruction (Design Management) Regulations to improve Health and Safety andensureallrisks involved are identifiedandmanaged.
· Work proactively with the Health and Safety Advisor to manage risks and minimiseHealth and Safety incidents and ensure that lessons learnt are fully and properlyembedded.
· Inspectionofassetsandtheapplicationofstandardstoinformedactions.Includingbutnot limited to Health & Safety, WHQS, HHSRS, Section 11 Landlord and Tenant Act,Section4DefectivePremisesAct.
· Draw up plans, specifications, tenders bills of quantities as required, and to ensure theefficientandeffectiveprocurementandmanagementoftechnicalactivitiesandcontracts.
· Chair and attend contract meetings with all relevant stake holder, ensure production ofaccurate records of any discussions and actions and ensure the implementation allnecessaryactions.
· Providecomprehensivetechnicalsupporttocolleaguesinhousingandtenancymanagementmatters,includingbutnotlimitedto,boundarydisputes,trespass,dangerous structures,tenant’s improvements, rechargeable repairs, noise nuisanceetc.
· Representthe companyexternallywithregardtoBuildingSurveying,includingprovisionofreportsforlegalprocessesand attendanceatcourthearingsand tribunals.
· To control and supervise contracts, consultants and contractors in line with financialregulations,standingorders andcontractual termsand conditions.
· To control and supervise consultants and contractors work including the agreement ofvariationsandqualityauditsasrequiredtocomplywithagreedbusinessprocessesandcontractualtermsandconditions.
· To liaise with other officers within the company and externally as required ensuring theefficientand effectivedelivery ofprojects, contracts and services.
· To ensure agreed purchase order, invoice and payment procedures are followed andcheckscompletedtoensurecompliancewithfinancialregulations,standingordersandrelevantcontractualterms and conditions.
· Assist with options appraisals and specific stock and business improvement initiativesandprojects
· Working collaboratively to ensure contracts and work activities are managed in a safemannerand risksaremitigated
· Work proactively with the Health and Safety Advisor to minimise Health and Safetyincidentsandensurethatlessons learntare fullyandproperly embedded.
Key Working Relationships:
• Liaise with external suppliers, contractors and consultants on a regular basis to ensurethesmoothplanningofcontractsand projects.
• Engage in negotiations and consultation with contractors with the aim of reachingagreementon variouscontractandproject planning issues.
• Support robust stakeholder management by developing and maintaining relationshipswith partners, agents, contractors, consultants, employees, tenants and members ofthepublic.
• Activelyconsultwithprojectstakeholdersandkeepthem informedofprogress.
• Work collaboratively with the wider teams and other internal colleagues toensurethatprojectsaresupported andmeettime,costandqualityobjectives.
In joining our team you will access:
• 25 days of annual leave which increases with 5 years length of service
• Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
• FREE on-site parking
• Training and Development opportunities
• A comprehensive range of company benefits including a Cycle to Work scheme
• Free, confidential, 24/7 employee assistance programme (with access to flexible counselling)