Business Support Administrator
1 year maternity cover
Salary – DOE
Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Our client is looking for a skilled and experienced Business Support Administrator with Minute Taking experience, to support our client’s Safeguarding Unit as a whole.
The role will include facilitating and minuting Child Protection Conferences as well as other Safeguarding meetings and produce accurate minutes, which often involves handling extremely sensitive and confidential information.
The role requires flexibility and resilience to provide high quality, confidential administrative support to the Child Protection process, Chairs of Conference, and other Safeguarding Leads. This will involve working collaboratively with various external agencies to arrange, facilitate and provide minutes for Safeguarding Meetings, which often involve discussion of extremely sensitive subject matter and handling confidential information. Further duties include collation and reporting of information relating to Safeguarding activity.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Arrange Child Protection Conferences and Safeguarding meetings, involving liaison and positive communication with professionals from within the Local Authority and a number of external agencies;
• Maintain confidentiality at all times to ensure that personal information is secure and handled appropriately; and appropriately manage and prioritise your workload, ensuring deadlines are met;
• Provide accurate minute-taking services and ensure safe distribution of minutes in accordance with agreed departmental guidelines;
• Provide a range of administrative services including typing letters, responding to enquiries and message-taking, photocopying and faxing documents in accordance with agreed departmental guidelines;
• Be responsible for accurate, timely maintenance of the database, ensuring incidents of abuse and actions are recorded appropriately;
• Work closely with the Business Support Manager to develop and administer systems and processes in line with the needs of the service;
• To work with the Business Support Manager to establish Quality Standards in Business Support and support audit processes;
• Maintain databases and administrative trackers that will enable the collation of and report statistics and other relevant information.
• Effective team working is required at all times to maximise the use of staff resources and skills and to ensure adequate cover across the Safeguarding Unit
• The post holder is required to work flexibly in terms of duties and office site