Business Support Officer – Social Care Safeguarding & Health
Temporary – Part Time
An Enhanced DBS Certificate is required for this position
Our client is looking to recruit a Business Support Officer in their Social Care Safeguarding & Health department on a temporary basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide overall project administration and co-ordination to specific projects.
· Responsible for timely and professional managing of all correspondence.
· Responsible for developing and managing systems and process in line with the specific requirement of each project.
· Responsible for general project management activities of a digital nature
· Provide business and programme support to key leadership groups.
· Co-ordinate programme agendas, update project plans, action notes and follow up of nxt steps, track and record progress on completion of actions.
· Event Planning including booking of rooms/venues for training, meetings / events.
· Chasing progress and ensuring actions are progressing in a timely manner for key projects.
· Systems and file Management. Maintain document folders for the Leadership Team as required
· Organize and update project plans of various meetings as required by the leadership team, tracking & following up on actions.
· Carry out an admin & co-ordination role in directorate recruitment processes.
· Project Work. To support and carryout project work in line with the relevant service area.
· Accurate tracking and record keeping (e.g Risk management process)
· Communication. Support the development of all communication channels both within the directorate and with all partners.
· Be the digital champion for the leadership team within the directorate.
· Provide financial administration duties as required and directed by the Finance Manager
· Raise purchase requisitions and orders on the system as required
· Process goods receipt notes and payment of invoices on the system
· Deal with suppliers as necessary with any payment queries.
Quality Assurance, Performance & Service Transformation
· To work with the performance team to develop reports and analysis of the reports to inform on quality and performance in a consistent manner across the whole directorate.
· To assist in the development of transformation projects across the directorate.
· To support the development and support of streamlined administrative practices and systems across the whole of the directorate.
· Responsible for working as part of a team and building relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
· Work with and along side other business support colleagues
· Be open and flexible towards new ways of working, as part of the business Support Team and the whole Service.
· Child and Adult Safeguarding are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and adults at risk to be as safe as they can and to fulfil their potential. All employees and volunteers are responsible for playing their part in the well-being, safety and protection of children and adults at risk. All employees and volunteers will be trained to the appropriate level of safeguarding and have a duty to fulfil their personal responsibilities for safeguarding.