Cancer Services Information Assistant
£10.12 per hour
Full Time/ Temporary
NHS experience needed.
The post holder will work as part of the Cancer Services Team by collecting information on appropriate cancer site-specific patients and entering it onto the CANISC and Tracker 7 databases, enabling the specialist teams to monitor their activity, clinical outcomes and performance against the National Cancer Standards and Patient pathway targets.
The post holder will maintain accurate databases containing cancer information and carry out routine data validation and cleansing.
The post holder will:
• Play a supportive role within the running of the cancer services team.
• With experience, anticipate problems on any urgent issues recognise within the Department and take necessary action to solve these problems using own initiative.
• Deal with general departmental queries.
• Carry out any necessary tasks generated by such queries eg. Take a message or draw to the attention of Co-ordinator/relevant person.
• Organise and co-ordinate data collection and arrange data cleansing meetings.
• Attend any departmental meetings and may be requested to take minutes.
• Liaise effectively with other internal departments e.g. Wards, Medical Records and Radiology.
• Where necessary, deal with enquiries arising from other hospitals.
• Deal with enquiries from within the University Health Board, extended NHS and outside Agencies (in particular police service) in connection with patient management.
• Liaise with a multi-disciplined team within the sub-speciality.
• Liaise effectively with medical, nursing and administrative colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
• Manage and organise own workload to meet deadlines.
• Retrieve, receive and return medical records.
• Manage the CANISC system module for multi-disciplinary teams.
• Use advanced keyboard skills and medical terminology to input the following:
Registration of patients onto CANISC/Tracker7.
Updating of clinical information onto same systems.
Validating data onto same systems.
• Ensure patient records are up to date.
• Will be required to monitor and order supplies of stationary for the department.
• Ensure actions are taken to support patients through cancer pathways in a timely manner.
• Cover during the absence of colleagues; in the event of other staff being absent. It is important that the post holder keeps abreast of other colleague’s methods and process of working so an efficient and effective service will be maintained during this time.
• Assist in the collation and provision of information for Audit.
• Adhere to Cwm Taf UHB Policies and Procedures.
• Demonstrate own duties to new or less experienced staff members.
If you available immediately please send your CV to us today.