£10.40 per hour
Full Time (Rota basis)
Our client is looking for 2 experienced Chefs to work at their restaurant in Pembrey. The successful candidate will need to be available 7 days of the week and the hours will be on a rota basis.
Main duties include-
1.Follow set menus, supervise portion control (as already specified by Catering Team) and undertake a variety of cooking activities connected with the full range of meals, including the provision of special dietary meals (if required) thereby providing a quality customer orientated service.
2.Co-ordinate the operations connected with the preparation, cooking and serving of food, while complying with Appetite for Life, Nutrition Strategy and Food Safety Standards, thereby contributing to an effective and efficient catering service.
3.Demonstrate excellent standards, cost effective nutritious dishes, while operationally organising work rotas, allocation of duties and undertake induction training to facilitate the smooth running of the kitchen.
4.Take responsibility by supervising all operational activities to include cleaning of equipment, reporting of faulty equipment and all paperwork to include stock control, log book, time book, timesheets and financial recording to comply with legislation and audit.
5. Assist with the co-ordination of the operations connected with the preparation and cooking of meals and the serving of food thereby contributing to an effective and efficient Catering service.
6. Contribute to the cleaning activities of the kitchen areas, their surroundings and equipment to ensure that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
7.Oversee and participate in general kitchen duties e.g. washing up, setting up and clearing away of equipment and tables, cleaning of kitchen, to contribute to the smooth running of the kitchen.
8. Assist with the operational control service points, and control the security of the kitchen and it’s surrounds to ensure that high standards of Health and Safety are maintained.
9. Provide assistance with paperwork, ordering of supplies, log book, time sheets and stock control sheets in accordance with Departmental and Catering Service procedures to ensure the establishment is operating efficiently.
10. Assist with Weekly stock check, record wastage and ensure all food hygiene regulation are adhered too You may be requested to assist with any other duties to include function work, out of hours work and covering other establishments within the Catering Service. To form part of a team which contribute to the smooth running of the Outdoor Recreation food and beverage provision
If you are available immediately and keen on this role please get in touch today.