Community Benefits Officer
£12.20 per hour
Full Time / Temporary
Responsible for: Working with relevant companies, contractors, and key partners to identify and promote local employment and training opportunities, available to residents of Blaenau Gwent.
To ensure consistent consideration of social clauses within Blaenau Gwent contracts; co-ordinating and monitoring delivery of community benefit activity.
• To develop and maintain effective local employment routes in Blaenau Gwent.
• To be the primary interface between our client, external agencies, contractors and local businesses to; facilitate employment related opportunities, signpost to relevant services and support partner agencies with business intelligence to develop training pathways to upskill local residents in line with future opportunities.
• Engage with contractors to identify employment, training and work experience opportunities and source suitable individuals from the County Borough wherever possible and where necessary co-ordinate the recruitment process on behalf of the employer.
• To represent the local authority at employment related partner meetings and events; share information, provide programme updates, promote internal and external opportunities.
• To work with the team to deliver activities and events as appropriate; aligned to the employment and skills agenda.
• To support and co-ordinate Community Benefit activity throughout the local authority; working with internal departments, inclusive of procurement, to “champion” community benefits; and to support and inform the inclusion of social clauses within Blaenau Gwent contracts.
• To work with the team to develop appropriate systems to monitor and evaluate delivery; playing a lead role for co-ordinating and recording outcomes associated with specific contract clauses.
• To explore and maximise supply chain opportunities; working closely with the Business and Innovation team to develop local business relationships and supply chain activity with contractors.
• To engage positively with internal and external stakeholders to determine local needs that may be facilitated by community benefits; relating to our client and partner contract opportunities.
• To carry out any other duties as may from time to time be required, as directed by your line manager.
• To meet our client’s strategic aim of promoting economic, social and environmental regeneration activity in Blaenau Gwent.
• To comply with the relevant sections of the Authority’s policy statement on Health, Safety and Welfare at Work.
• To adhere to the principles of the Corporate Equality Policy and ensure commitment to anti – discriminatory practice.