Community Regeneration Manager
£26.80 per hour
To be responsible and accountable for strategically leading a multi-functional and diverse Community Regeneration Service. Ensure the service is designed and delivering in line with the Council commitments around Improving People Lives within the portfolios.
(Services within – Neighbourhood Hubs, Youth Services, Adult & Community Learning, Library Services, Flying Start, Family Information Services, Community Development, Work Skills & Performance, Regional Skills Partnerships)
· To develop a council wide integrated programme that will engage and stimulate the whole community through a balanced and wide-ranging programme of activities and events incorporating activity linked to community development.
· To establish and maintain a Hub Model of Community Regeneration activity across the City, ensuring that the service delivery focuses on the 4 key areas of activity; Resilient Children & Young People, Life Long Learning & Library Services, Work and Skills and Resilient Communities & Families.
· To lead on establishing, maintaining and developing consistent and high standards of professional and managerial competence amongst all staff involved in the delivery of service, alongside developing existing resources and planning the development of services and their delivery.
· To provide line management support to a diverse and multifunctional management team ensuring that their responsibilities align the strategic priorities of the service whilst measuring and supporting performance matters.
· To advise the Head of Regeneration, Investment & Housing on all matters relating to the work portfolio and to actively contribute to the Regeneration Senior Management Team on strategic and corporate developmental priorities.
· To lead on internal and external relationships around Community Development ensuring the establishment and maintaining of stakeholder and multi-agency collaboration ensuring the priorities of the Council are aligned and at the forefront of the agenda.
· Maintain overall responsibility for the resources of the service including, people aspects, budgets and assets
· To ensure statutory obligations and contractual liabilities are met and compiled with and performance standards continually monitored and reviewed.
· To Deputise for the Head of Service as and when required.
· A Degree in a relevant subject in Community Regeneration
· Management Qualification
· An excellent understanding of the key issues affecting community development and social aspects.
· Significant knowledge and understanding of the range of policy and legislation issues affecting community regeneration
· Knowledge of Local Government services and community based service delivery
· Significant experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team around community services.
· Able to demonstrate significant experience of development of services.
· Able to demonstrate experience of partnership working and collaboration.
· Able to demonstrate experience of resources management including, people and financial.
· Able to demonstrate experience of strategic business and service planning, including preparing position/policy statement and funding bids.