The ideal candidate will have several years hands on Supervisory experienced and will have previously worked within a fast paced, heavy industrial environment. They would need to have experience of working to strict safety standards, overseeing multiple work groups (and skills) to ensure all customer requirements are met safely, to standard and on time.
· Work with the client and management team to identify work requirements.
· Assist scheduling and co-ordination of multiple work groups to ensure the clients demands are met and all company policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
· Direct supervision and work with assigned teams to ensure that all works are carried out safely following relevant permits and to the customers’ requirement.
· Participate in internal and client safety audits.
· Ensure safety permits in place for allocated works and teams adhering to stipulated standards.
· Support delivery of Safety Briefs and other safety related updates to the operational team.
· Monitor employee performance and assist identification and implementation of employee training needs.
· To monitor, record and report on work progress and ensure all daily administration and plant checks are completed.
· To attend various internal and client meetings ensuring all relevant information is available.
· To continuously liaise with the management team and client to keep them informed on safety related matters, work progress, and any operational changes that may be required.
· Assist with departmental administration including completion of various spreadsheets.
· To undertake necessary training as and when required, in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and Company requirements.
· Work with fellow Supervisors to ensure appropriate supervision across the week – generally working days with occasional shift work and a rota for weekend working.
Experience / Requirements:
· IOSH qualification preferred.
· Experience of direct customer interaction.
· 2 or more years supervisory experience ideally leading multiple work streams.
· Experience of operation of mobile plant
· Experience of supervising labour teams with a mix of day and shift workers.
· Experience of working under strict permit systems.
· Experience of Microsoft Office would be advantageous.
· Pay rate - TBA
· 30 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays
· Commercial vehicle & fuel