Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (35 hours per week)
Our client is a UK top-100 commercial law firm with offices in London, Oxford, Cardiff, Dublin and Hong Kong. With 60 partners and more than 340 staff, the firm is structured around two key divisions; the Employment, Immigration and Reward (EIR) and the Creators, Makers and Innovators (CMI).
The employment team is one of the leading employment law practices both domestically and internationally. The employment team is amongst the largest in the UK with 24 employment and immigration partners and around 100 other specialist lawyers.
The team’s work comprises a mix of contentious and non-contentious matters for a diverse range of clients. Our lawyers undertake a significant amount of business development, including giving seminars, producing branded publications and driving client relationships.
The overall objective of this busy role is to provide administrative support to the EIR Division in the Cardiff office with a view to ensuring that individual tasks are completed cost-effectively and at the appropriate level.
The jobholder will provide administrative support and assistance to the EIR Division at all levels, including Secretaries, Paralegals, Associates and Partners on a day to day basis as required.
• General administrative tasks, including but not limited to: filing, photocopying, printing, scanning and binding documents;
• Archiving files with the use of the Elite management system and FileTrack;
• Support the secretarial team in the opening of new clients/matters;
• General departmental administration tasks, including but not limited to: answering the telephone and dealing with queries/taking messages;
• Working alongside the secretarial and billing team checking when disbursements are received from third parties whether they have already been billed, and if not, ensuring they are put on to the relevant matter;
• Processing expenses;
• Assisting with the maintaining of databases as required;
• Supporting the secretarial team with internal and external meetings/events (printing bundles, slides, hand-outs, catering arrangements and managing attendance lists);
• Arranging travel for the fee-earners;
• Undertaking research as and when required (for internal or externals purposes – such as travel, company/client information);
• Generally assisting Secretaries, Paralegals, Associates and Partners as requested.
This is a challenging role offering experience working in a legal environment. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment. They must be highly organised; have a flexible nature and a co-operative and willing attitude.
• Previous demonstrable experience of office/administrative work.
Abilities and desired qualities:
• Typing skills (40 wpm);
• Good eye for detail;
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise workload as needed;
• Ability to communicate at all levels;
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
• Professional in conduct and appearance;
• Punctual at all times and the flexibility to work overtime when required.
IT skills required:
• Experience or knowledge of Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Skype for Business, DocsCorp PDF Docs, Word Compare (DocsCorp CompareDocs), Document Management System (Netdocs), although full in house training will be provided.
Educational and professional qualifications required:
• Good grammatical English - at least to GCSE standard or equivalent.