Our client is looking for an individual who will be able to provide an efficient administrative and secretarial service primarily to the Estates Team, comprising of Facilities and Maintenance, but also to other Head Office staff as required, ensuring the smooth day to day running of the office within a mental health hospital environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· The post holder will be expected to undertake an extensive range of administrative and secretarial duties for members of the Estates team.This by nature is a very varied role which required a level of versatility, flexibility and the ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload.
· The post will hold specific responsibility for managing the online Maintenance Request system for Estates
Undertaking a variety of administrative and secretarial tasks using the relevant technology applications as required, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
Management of the online Maintenance Request System
To update the Company’s compliance database, ensuring latest reports and certificates are uploaded
Responding to a wide range of telephone enquiries from both internal and external sources.
To liaise with external organisations as required in the day-to-day admin/secretarial function in support of Estates.
Updating reports, photocopying, keeping staff contact and organizational charts up to date and other records as directed by the management staff.
Maintaining and coordinating diaries, arranging meetings and taking minutes which may involve attendance at meetings away from the office.
To devise and maintain efficient information and filing systems using IT applications where appropriate.
To undertake other duties which may be allocated consistent with the level of responsibility of the post
To carry out duties and responsibilities in line with the Data Protection Act and as directed by management
To exercise proper integrity in respect of confidential matters and personal information
Experience in copy typing and audio typing of standard correspondence, minutes and reports; drafting letters, agendas and presentations.
· A highly organised and positive individual with at least two years of relevant administrative experience, preferably within a healthcare or facilities environment.
· A good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· All employees have a statutory duty of care for their own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
· Employees are required to co-operate with management to enable LSHG to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.