Head of Hotel Operations
Our client is a luxury brand whose reputation is built upon exceptional service and outstanding hospitality. They are committed to exceeding the high expectations of their customers by recruiting outstanding personalities to join their exceptional team of customer service professionals. Could this be you?
The Head of Hotel Operations for all customer service aspects of the Hotel Operation including F&B/C&E, Front Office, Health Club and Housekeeping. They must build positive working relationships with all departments to ensure exceptional service standards are delivered consistently throughout the hotel.
- Responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which supports the values expressed in the company ambition and business goals.
- Establish and maintain effective and positive relationships within the team as well as other departments.
- Comply with the company health and safety and hygiene policies and other health and safety procedures.
- Report all situations that may present a danger to guests or staff immediately to the relevant people and take action to rectify the situation in possible.
- Ensure that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect the environment and reduce costs.
- Responsible for communication through effective writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Encourage employees to actively participate in our progress through decision making and ideas.
- Responsible for regular dissemination of information which is to encompass organisational and individual activities.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual budgets in conjunction with the Senior Executive team.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all Standard Operating Procedures within the department, including but not limited to employee, customer, financial and health and safety objectives.
- Responsible for setting controls related to set standards, enforcing the controls and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Responsible for implementing key performance indicators for the department based on the controls devised.
- Responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining a sound organisational structure within the department.
- Responsible for defining and documenting job descriptions and person specifications and managing the HR aspect of the department.
- Responsible for the recruitment, management and the disciplinary process in conjunction with the HR department.
- Responsible for the welfare and wellbeing of all departmental employees, promoting the professional career development of the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff appraisals are conducted routinely and effectively for all employees within the department and that the results are actioned where required.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment, tools and supplies are available and maintain relationships with the suppliers of the equipment, tools and supplies.
- Responsible for the maintenance, security, computer systems, cleanliness and appearance of the department, both front and back of house.
- Full up-to-date knowledge of the hotel facilities, services and events. Actively seeks and responds to this information when necessary. Also maintains knowledge of local attractions/activities to respond accurately to guest enquiries.
- Analyses food and beverage policies and procedures, proposes, gains approval for and implements changes as appropriate, liaising with the appropriate managers/supervisors. Providing continual improvement in the standard of service the hotel food and beverage team provides to customers.
- Observes guest reactions and confers frequently with the service team to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Anticipates guests’ needs, responding promptly and acknowledging all guests regardless of how busy it is and the time of day.
- Monitors and handles guest complaints.
- Meets group organisers prior to functions when necessary.
- Constantly monitors performance of team members front and back of house. Takes action as required to rectify any shortcomings.
- Monitors guest feedback via Review Pro regularly, responding to guests as required and taking internal actions accordingly.
- Deputises for Hotel Manager in their absence.
- Provides support to Front Office, Health Club, Restaurant and C&B/Bars Managers.
- Meets with the Head Housekeeper to ensure all requirements from external suppliers are met.
- Assists Hotel Manager in continued refurbishment of the property.
- Holds regular team meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality when dealing with any issues.
- Participates in interviewing new team members.
- Conducts coaching, training sessions and appraisals.
- Ensures that training plans are produced and training is carried out.
- Inspects grooming of team, ensuring standards are set and maintained.
- Inspect all areas for cleanliness including bedrooms, restaurant, health club, function rooms, public areas and grounds.
- Preparing weekly rotas and time sheets for payroll.
- Ensuring team members report to work as scheduled, documenting lateness or absence.
- Log jobs for maintenance, liaising with maintenance for urgent repairs.
- Responsible for all fire, health and safety issues ensuring compliance with all current and pending legislation.