HGV DRIVER / TEAM LEADER
Temporary- Full time
37 hours a week
Salary £22,462 - £24,313
Various locations: Caldicot, Abergavenny, Monmouth
Location may change in the future if the service location needs to relocate. Relocation or disturbance allowance will not be paid if this happens.
Our client is the merger of some of the most high-profile services that the Council can provide – Recycling & Waste, Street Cleansing and Grounds Maintenance. Our client wants to build sustainable and resilient communities that support the well-being of current and future generations.
The candidate will play a vital role in providing a safe, clean & sustainable environment.
The Purpose of this Role
Waste and Street Services are often the public face of the Council – we provide the services the public see and care about.How we behave directly impacts on people’s perception of the Council as a whole.It is the only Council service which reaches every resident every week.
This role is essential in ensuring collections are undertaken professionally, efficiently, and most importantly, safely.As a driver you will be the team leader overseeing the Loaders and if necessary, keeping in contact with supervisors to make them aware of any issues/problems when the round is being undertaken.
· To drive refuse collection vehicles (RCVs) or other vehicles for the collection of waste as determined by the Council’s recycling and waste strategy and to proactively utilises any relevant in-cab technology.
· Ensure all scheduled collections are completed or reported through the in-cab system. Resolve issues where this has not been achieved.
· To deputise where necessary for the Deputy Supervisor/Supervisor in their absence.
· As a Team Leader you would be responsible to ensure the crews are undertaking collections in a safe and efficient manner.
· Recycling and waste collections can be for (this is an illustrative not exhaustive list):
· Food waste
· Garden waste
· Residual waste (including hygiene)
· Dry recycling e.g. paper, glass
· Trade waste
· As a Team Leader you will ensure your training including CPC, safeguarding etc is up to date and you will act as the safeguarding lead for your team.