Junior Sous Chef
£11.60 per hour
37.5 hours per week
Our client is a luxury brand whose reputation is built upon exceptional service and outstanding hospitality. They are committed to exceeding the high expectations of their customers by recruiting outstanding personalities to join their exceptional team of customer service professionals. Could this be you?
The Junior Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring food served will be of the highest standards, motivating team members to ensure the ultimate guest satisfaction, and supporting the Head/Sous Chef to achieve goals.
• Responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which support the values expressed in the company ambition and business goals of profitability and service quality.
• Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships within the team as well as other departments.
• Complies with the company’s health and safety and hygiene policies as well as other company policies and procedures.
• Report all situations that may present a danger to guests or staff immediately to the relevant people and take action to rectify the situation if possible.
• To ensure that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and to reduce costs.
• To perform related duties and special assignments as and when required.
• Responsible for communication through effective writing, speaking and listening skills. To encourage employees to actively participate in our progress through decision making and ideas.
• Responsible for regular dissemination of information which is to encompass organisational and individual activities.
• Supports the Department Manager in setting monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
• Maintains an understanding and acceptance of the monthly budgets and a motivation to achieving these.
• Supports the setting, maintenance and understanding of standards expected for the Department and is responsible for the enforcement of these standards within the operations.
• Supports the Department Manager in the setting of controls, and maintains an understanding of the controls in place, that monitor performance of the Department.
• Responsible for gathering required results of the controls and reporting these back to the Department Manager.
• Maintains an understanding and respect for the organisational structure and supports the staff within each position as defined in their Job Description.
• Responsible for enforcing the duties and responsibilities within your supervision inside of the Department organisational structure.
• Responsible for adjusting the structure of the Department on a shift basis to ensure all internal/external customers expectations are exceeded. This includes, but is not limited to assuming responsibility for the department including practical involvement where necessary.
• Responsible for initiating disciplinary proceedings where team members do not conform to the standards required by the Job Description, Standard Operating Procedures and Resort requirements as defined in the Staff Handbook.
• Responsible for delivering the ultimate in professional internal/external customer service with the standards expected and trained by the Department.
• Responsible for ensuring full, safe operation of all equipment and stock, in accordance with health and safety requirements.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and presentation within your working environment in accordance with set standards.
• Responsible for resolving all internal/external customer complaints escalated from team members, solving the complaint to the resort and internal/external customers benefit. Also communicating the results to the Department Manager.
• Is responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which supports the values expressed on the Resort’s Mission Statement and the Resort’s business goals.
• Ensures that the training of employees in her/her Department conforms to Celtic Manor training standards by identifying training needs in relation to the business, formulating relevant and realistic six-month plans for the Department, designing training sessions to meet established priorities, ensuring an up-to-date and efficient training administration system is maintained, and assessing the performance of employees and evaluating the results of training programmes
• Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments.
• Complies with Resort’s Health, Fire and Safety and Hygiene policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures.
• Attend all Meetings as Scheduled and as per Request.
• Ordering of all food items as per requirement from the Dry store.
• Ensuring that all food items that are purchased are received and checked against the Invoice. Then stored in the correct manner.
• Ensuring that his/her Department is clean at any given time.
• Making sure that all Banqueting and Restaurant requirements are dealt with in an orderly and fast manner.
• Ensuring that all Equipment is looked after and any faults are reported to the Senior Chef on Duty.
• Making sure that all stock is labelled and rotated.
• Liasing with the Senior Chef on Duty for any other requirements.
• In absent of the Senior Chef, the Jnr. Sous Chef will act on his/her behalf when appointed.
• Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and to reduce costs.
• Performs related duties and special assignments as and when required
• Responsible for evaluating staff training requirements and communicating these to the Department Manager.
• Responsible for the welfare and well being of all departmental team members, promoting the professional career development of every team member.
• Responsible for enforcing the departmental objectives and ensuring all staff members are motivated daily in achieving these.
• Plays an active role in all departmental briefings, communicating resort wide issues and internal/external customer requirements where necessary.
• Responsible for coordinating daily activities within the department, ensuring all internal/external customers expectations are exceeded.
• Responsible for the leadership of the team, obtain internal/external customer feedback on departmental performance. Responsible for feeding back internal/external customer views to the team members in a constructive and positive manner, also providing solutions.
• Responsible for the development of individuals, whilst promoting the importance of team work, contributing to team building sessions both within and outside the resort.
• Contributes to the gathering of information as directed by the relevant Manager, including internal/external customer feedback, financial performance and any other as required.
• Contribute to compiling periodic reports based on the checking process.
• Contributes to the analysis of information gathered. Proposing changes within the department.
• Support the implementation of changes to ensure continuous innovations and improvements are made within the resort.