Full-time, 9:30 – 5.30 Monday to Friday
Our client is a UK based forensic toxicology laboratory, with a team of experts who have considerable knowledge and experience of analysing biological samples. They are now looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
They are looking to speak with candidates who have a passion for process, a keen eye for detail and a focus on accuracy.
The role entails completing general laboratory duties without supervision, and to the required standard, following SOP and working to ISO17025 guidelines. You will also be responsible for competently performing calibration checks, cleaning glassware and making up solutions.
· Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are followed at all times and that corresponding paperwork is neatly completed to the standard required.
· Ensuring Lab glassware is clean
· General laboratory housekeeping
· Responsible for making up solutions.
· Responsible for the daily min/max temperature measurement of the fridges and freezers and ensuring that the balances are checked on a daily basis.
· Responsible for the weekly pipette calibration checks and monthly min/max pipette calibration check.