Marine Claims Technician
£ Excellent + lifestyle benefits, study support and other excellent benefits you would expect of a global organisation.
Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Cardiff City Centre
Permanent / FTC
Our client specialises in the provision of claims management and loss adjusting services.
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a talented Claims Technician to enter a more complex, technical role, adjusting marine cargo and liability claims for our growing portfolio of various clients.
Working within a team of trained technicians, you`ll assist in the investigation and settlement of claims for goods being shipped all over the world by road, sea & air. You will also investigate, adjust or defend liability claims against carriers of goods worldwide - becoming involved in complex issues of national and international law and commercial practice. Ideally, you`ll have a sound commercial and/or liability background, however technical and complex domestic claims experience will also be considered for this challenging role. Marine knowledge is desirable but NOT essential.
Good communication skills are key, as are an eye for detail and an ability to apply knowledge and technical expertise to the new and varied situations that present themselves every day in this complex sector of the insurance-industry.
Most importantly, you`ll be able to put yourself in our client’s customer`s shoes, see the full picture and have the ability to make decisions based on the facts, treating all claims on their individual merits. This is a great opportunity for those looking for career advancement covering a diverse and interesting range of claims.
You will have/will be:
• An eye for important detail and the ability to filter out the unimportant.
• Superb communications skills, both oral and written, listening and acting upon information given
• The ability to work on your own initiative and take ownership of your own caseload of claims
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the customers, to promote customer satisfaction during all stages of the claim.
• Understanding and empathy when required
• Be able to priorities your workload on a daily basis
• Excellent keyboard skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Ideally to have had some non-insurance commercial or industrial experience, particularly logistics or transport-related