£24K pro rata 3 days/week 22.5 hrs
Our client is looking for a medical secretary join their team, reporting directly to the Medical Director, on a part time basis, 3 days a week (22.5 hours).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide a high quality secretarial and administrative service for the Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team to ensure efficiency in patient care.
· Record and prepare draft minutes of meetings, specifying decisions made and follow up action required for subsequent approval by the Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team.
· Transcribe, type and proofread reports, correspondence, forms etc. of a specialized and confidential nature, interpreting administrative policies and decisions and preparing reports as requested.
· Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
· To provide audio and/or copy typing using the Patient Administration System.
· Deal with telephone and face to face enquiries from all staff groups, patients, relatives, carers; provide information, direct and prioritise queries as appropriate, transcribing and relaying messages accurately and in a timely manner to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
· To prioritise workload to ensure completion of work.
· Prepare daily appointment schedule for supervisor; make and confirm appointments; receive and schedule visitors; arrange meetings as required.
· Appoint Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team referrals to appropriate clinic or arranging admissions to facilitate the patient journey.
· Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
· Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team patient files, ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date.
· Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team mail, responding where appropriate and directing/prioritising to assist in the efficiency of the service delivery.
· Monitor supplies and reorder as necessary; type requisitions for supplies and payment invoices.
· To ensure patient confidentiality is observed at all times and abide by the Data Protection Act, logging out of the system after each enquiry.
· To ensure the safe disposal of confidential waste.
· To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
To observe and maintain current office procedures as well as all national and local policies and issues in relation to both the specific client group and mental health.
· A good standard of basic education with regard to numeracy and literacy
· Customer Care
· RSA 3 word processing/typing or equivalent
· Computer literate
· Audio transcription skills or 2 years experience of audio transcription within a secretarial background
· Previous experience as a medical secretary
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· 1 year in public customer service in a frontline position
· Microsoft Word Processing to intermediate level
· Customer orientated
· Self Assured/Confident in using own initiative, prioritising workload to meet deadlines
· Ability to work as part of a team and alone with minimum supervision
· Flexibility and adapt to change
· Calm under pressure
· Excellent personal appearance
· Excellent verbal communicator
· High standard of accuracy
· Good Team Player
· Respect of confidentiality and understanding of the Data Protection Act
· Medical Secretarial Diploma
· Basic First Aid
· Basic switchboard experience