Salary – £10.12 per hour
Part time (2 days per week – Thursdays and Fridays)
NHS and Medical Secretary experience is essential
• To undertake typing and audio typing duties – to include reports, clinic letters, discharge summaries and general correspondence, on a word processing package, ensuring these tasks are completed in a timely fashion
• To support in the management of inputting operating lists, including relevant codes onto the Theatre TOMS system, in liaison with the Consultant, and to ensure appropriate distribution of these lists.
• To assist the Specialty with ensuring the on-call duty rota is updated as and when required and distributed appropriately.
• To prepare and distribute agendas and minutes for departmental meetings
• To maintain Consultants diaries and make appointments, where appropriate
• To deal with incoming and outgoing mail.
• To undertake general filing, photocopying and faxing duties
• To liaise with patients, relatives, and colleagues in other departments in a courteous manner, either by phone or in person, ensuring all messages are delivered accurately and promptly.
• To provide complete secretarial cover for the department in the absence of other secretaries
• To supervise clerk typists within the department, where appropriate and to assist in the training of these staff in the use of new software packages and developments in secretarial practices.
• To assist in the collation and provision of information for medical audit purposes, accessing and retrieving data from computerized systems, where provided.
• To manage and maintain the inpatient/day case waiting list within the department in keeping with Referral to Treatment times guidelines.
• To update promptly on USC and NUSC patients to allow timely progress on the cancer pathway.
• To ensure prompt responses to general enquiries, requests for medical records, complaints/litigation are received from the Consultant/ medical staff
• On a monthly basis, to collate and submit attendance records for all medical staff with the relevant team to the Directorate Team.
• Any other additional and relevant duties within the scope of responsibilities.
EFFORT & ENVIRONMENT:
• To use display screen equipment and keyboard on a daily basis.
• To carry / move equipment within manual handling guidelines.
• To be flexible on the demands of departmental staff including unpredictable work patterns, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
• To develop appropriate strategies to manage aggressive behaviour within the work place.
• To sit for long periods when typing reports or inputting data.