Job Title: Operational Support Manager (Band 6) Surgery & ACT
Salary/Hourly Rate: £16.57
Hours: Monday – Friday
Our client, a large medical establishment is looking for a Band 6 Operational Support Manager to join their busy team.
· Previous clerical/ administrative experience (working within the NHS)
· Recognised computer/IT skills
· Excellent IT skills with ability to use a range of packages
· Effective written communication skills
· Hold a key role within the Directorate in the delivery of Referral to Treatment Time (RTT) targets
· Be required to work with a high level of autonomy and independence using their own initiative and has significant discretion to work within broad occupational policies.
· Act as key point of escalation and direct contact, troubleshooting issues which may prevent timely provision of patient care, liaising with Clinical and Nursing colleagues as appropriate; escalating complex or contentious issues.
· Contribute to plans to improve efficiency, support changes of practice and new initiatives and to meet a variety of targets and objectives
· Work with Senior Clinicians, Managers and external stakeholders to deliver change.
· Operationally support the effective delivery of key operational services and targets.
· Able to give and accept direct instructions and follow procedures
· On occasion, have to deal directly with patients/clients and their carers on matters of a highly sensitive and confidential nature.
· Assist the Directorate in the delivery of Referral to Treatment Time (RTT) targets
· Undertake constant review and validation of activity and waiting list data, ensuring it is accurately reported to the UHB, Delivery Support Unit and Welsh Government and within defined timescales.
· Provide day to day supervision for the waiting list in the Directorate, and take responsibility for the weekly delivery of RTT and cancer standards if required within this specialty
· Organise the annual leave arrangements of a number of specific staff and oversee the organisation of these arrangements for other staff.
· Monitor monthly budgetary information taking migrating actions into account to prevent budgetary overspends and escalating ongoing issues, and assist to develop
future financial plans at a Directorate level.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to us today.