Salary £10.43 per hour
Part Time (3 shifts a week) This may include weekends.
On a rota basis - nights, mornings, middles and lates
The shifts times will either be;
Our client is looking for a Receptionist to join their team on a temporary ongoing basis. The main purpose of the role is to contribute to the provision of health care to patients and relatives by providing a comprehensive and confidential clerical and receptionist support. At all times the appropriate systems, procedures, policies and processes should be followed for all the patients to experience a smooth journey at all times.
The Post Holder will be required to perform the full range of duties outlined in the job description.
Principal Duties include:
· Providing full reception service to patients, visitors and staff
· To ensure all patients are registered, transferred, admitted and discharged correctly throughout their journey in the department. To input and extract data from WPAS
· The post holder will be responsible for registering in patients who arrive at the department
· To undertake full clerical duties following office procedures to ensure the smooth running of the whole of the department.
· To co-ordinate appointments.
· Ensure WPAS is kept up-to-date at all times.
· The purpose of this post should remain constant but the duties and responsibilities may vary over time within the overall role of the post.
· The post holder will be required to provide a full reception service to patients, staff, visitors and external callers.
· They will need excellent verbal communication skills responding to enquires face to face as well as dealing with telephone queries. At times the information may be of a sensitive nature and the ability to deal with emotional/distressed patients/visitors is essential. The post holder will also be required to deal with communication barriers which will require tact and diplomacy. The post holder will be the first point of contact.
· The post holder must also have the ability to communicate by written and electronic means.
· The post holder will also be required to communicate with medical and nursing staff based in the department patients registered in the department, as well as liaising with other members of Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Board and external agencies, ensuring adherence to confidentiality and data protection at all times.
· The post holder maybe required to communicate with security and police as necessary is there is an incident of violence or aggression within the department.
· Play a supportive role within the running of the A&C team.
· Use own initiative to problem solve issues which are not straightforward and have a choice of options, dealing with enquires such as clinical appointments, answering non clinical queries regarding patients admissions, prioritising enquiries – within own limitations of role, contacting clinical staff when necessary.
· Deal sensitively with patients/relatives/members of the public presenting in the department or on the telephone with a query or complaint. They should have the ability to defuse informal complaints and know the complaints procedure. Depending on the enquiry, reassure patients, seek advice and always record the time, date and nature of the call.
· Liaise effectively with other internal departments e.g. Wards, Medical Records and Radiology. Where necessary deal with enquiries arising from external agencies eg police.
· Deal with enquiries from within the Health Board, extended NHS and outside Agencies in connection with patient management, liaise with a multi-disciplinary team within the Department.
· To provide a general reception service providing non-clinical advice/information to patients/clients with regards to general queries, attendance, admissions and review clinics.
· To organise own workload, prioritising daily tasks.
· To plan and organise clerical duties such as scanning of attendance records, photocopying patient records, retrieving patients records, filing etc
· Co-ordinate clinic appointments
If you are available immediately and happy to work on a temporary basis, please send your CV to us today.