Refuse Collections Driver
Salary - DOE
Our clients are looking for a Refuse Collections Driver to join them on a temporary basis.
Carry out waste collections according to the Council’s set schedule as directed by the Supervisor.
Drive and be responsible for Health and Safety of the vehicle, including checks, maintenance, incident reporting etc.
• To drive and/or load the vehicle allocated for the daily operations.
• Day to day completion of the allocated collections, by means of bins, sacks, and any other receptacle and, in accordance with the daily route schedules.
• To capture relevant information about the route collections (such as bins not presented, overfull bins, contamination etc.) to ensure information gets logged and is available for analytics, reporting purposes, answer requests/complaints etc.
• To ensure all work assigned to the post holder by the management team is completed in a professional manner, to the specified time and quality standard and in accordance with safe working procedures.
• To ensure that all vehicles and equipment assigned are kept in good working order and safely stored whilst in the post holder’s control and receive adequate cleansing/maintenance and comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and the Road Traffic Regulations.
• To take responsibility for the daily maintenance of the site’s vehicles and equipment and to carry out a detailed daily inspection of allocated vehicle/equipment and record all findings of such inspections on the statutory forms supplied.
• To assist with other services as required, working alongside other team leaders/supervisors within the different service areas to ensure all the activities contribute to meet services objectives in line with the corporate priorities.
• When instructed, to attend any training courses required. This may involve amended working hours on specified training days.
• To take reasonable care of own and others safety, ensuring that all employees are aware of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations. To comply with, and carry out when relevant, all Risk Assessments when undertaking their duties, and that they use the appropriate personal protective clothing/equipment provided.
• To report any accidents and near misses to management in a prompt manner.
• Full current driving licence
• HGV licence
• IOSH Working safely (or prepared to undertake within 6 month period)
• Machine / Excavator Qualifications
• LGV licence