Temporary for 2 weeks initially
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provide a high quality secretarial and administrative service for the Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team to ensure efficiency in patient care.
• Record and prepare draft minutes of meetings, specifying decisions made and follow up action required for subsequent approval by the Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team.
• Transcribe, type and proofread reports, correspondence, forms etc. of a specialized and confidential nature, interpreting administrative policies and decisions and preparing reports as requested.
• Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
• To provide audio and/or copy typing using the Patient Administration System.
• Deal with telephone and face to face enquiries from all staff groups, patients, relatives, carers; provide information, direct and prioritise queries as appropriate, transcribing and relaying messages accurately and in a timely manner to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
• To prioritise workload to ensure completion of work.
• Prepare daily appointment schedule for supervisor; make and confirm appointments; receive and schedule visitors; arrange meetings as required.
• Appoint Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team referrals to appropriate clinic or arranging admissions to facilitate the patient journey.
• Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
• Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team patient files, ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date.
• Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team mail, responding where appropriate and directing/prioritising to assist in the efficiency of the service delivery.
• Monitor supplies and reorder as necessary; type requisitions for supplies and payment invoices.
• To ensure patient confidentiality is observed at all times and abide by the Data Protection Act, logging out of the system after each enquiry.
• To ensure the safe disposal of confidential waste.
• To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
• To observe and maintain current office procedures as well as all national and local policies and issues in relation to both the specific client group and mental health.