Part time – 3 days per week
£9.50 per hour
*DBS is essential*
Our client is looking for a Service Administrator to work on a temporary basis.
To be responsible for ensuring the administrative support to a service or group of services is provided in an efficient and effective manner.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Provide and/or supervise the provision of an effective, service user friendly reception service.
· Provide and/or supervise the provision of efficient office systems, e.g. opening and distributing post, message taking, room booking and staff movement systems.
· In agreement with the appropriate manager, and in accordance with our client’s policies and procedures, ensure the service is equipped with the necessary furniture, equipment and supplies.
· Liaise with staff from Property and Facilities Management (PFM) or external landlords as appropriate to ensure premises and vehicles used by the service are fit for purpose and well maintained.
· Ensure that systems are in place and working effectively to maintain appropriate standards of cleanliness and food hygiene within the premises used by the service.
· Undertake tasks delegated from the appropriate manager to ensure the premises and vehicles used by the service are secure and that systems to maintain security and safety are operating effectively. (This may involve key holder responsibilities.)
· As delegated by the appropriate manager, undertake or supervise health and safety and fire safety responsibilities.
· Assist with budget preparation.
· Monitor income and expenditure against original budget and revised forecasts.
· Prepare audit information and reports as required.
Dealing with income
· Complete or supervise the completion of appropriate invoice paperwork.
· Ensure income is recorded and receipted according to our client’s policies and procedures by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
· Ensure income is banked in a timely, safe and secure way.
Dealing with expenditure
· Manage the Imprest account to support effective and timely service delivery.
· Ensure invoices are coded according to our client’s requirements by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
· Maintain the required documentation regarding invoicing and commitments.
· Ensure staff and volunteer expenses are paid in a timely manner according to our client’s policies and procedures by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
· As delegated by the appropriate manager, undertake journal transfers.
Checking income and expenditure
· Undertake required checking processes including payroll reconciliation in a timely manner at the agreed frequency.
Payments to Carers and/or service users (if applicable)
· Ensure that systems to make required regular payments to carers and/or service users are in place and implemented efficiently in line with our client’s UK policies and local procedures.
· Carry out directly and/or supervise the provision of all secretarial/administrative duties as required to support the delivery of the service.
Undertake any other duties as required by line management to support effective frontline delivery of service.