Newport (Just off junction 28 of the M4)
Hours of Work: 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off working pattern (4 Days 06.00–18.00 / 4 Off / 4 Nights 18.00-06.00 / 4 Off)
Basic Annual Salary: £30,000 per annum, raising after successful probation + overtime available
Excellent benefits including competitive annual leave and pension scheme
Our client are a market leader in providing secure data storage solutions for their clients on an international scale. They have revolutionised the way in which data is stored and migrated across Europe, providing the highest levels of connectivity in a state of the art, secure facility. Embracing the changes of modern life and the digital economy, our client house even the most ambitious cloud storage solutions. They embrace change and have ambitious plans to expand and evolve their capabilities on a worldwide scale.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
• Liaise with Engineering Team members to understand to daily Company objectives and priorities
• Assist DCE Team by providing 24/7 monitoring of the data centre infrastructure, ensuring we not only meet SLAs but exceed them via daily checks, captured on Vivantio System
• Undertaking of daily facility and plantroom checks
• Inspect and submit all paperwork via Sharepoint
• Health and Safety support to contractors undertaking installation works on behalf of the company.
• Complete minor works projects as part of IWOs
• Ensure that all shift documentation is complete, legible and accurate
• Identify ways to reduce PUE
• Assist DCE Team by actioning Remote and Intelligent Hands requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Attend periodic facilities meetings
• Ensuring all Electrical Equipment and Infrastructure are maintained to Standards and Health and Safety Requirements, in line with Annual Maintenance Planner.
• Undertaking electrical installation works to IEE 18th Edition (BS7671) Regulations to affect company and customer objectives.
• Installation of racks and accessories to customer Data Halls, in line with DCE and Engineering team direction
• Liaison with strategic maintenance sub-contractors to ensure maintenance to M&E infrastructure and equipment are undertaken in line with Annual Maintenance Planner and Health and Safety guidelines.
• Prioritise own workload and work effectively without supervision
• Ensure the compliance of all procedures and conform to the requirements of all ISOs and certifications held by the Company.
• Deal with customer queries in a prompt, courteous and professional manner
• Supporting the customer through delivery of exceptional service
• Support the Data Centre Engineer Team Leader and Engineering Supervisor in delivering services that are essential to the success of the business
• Undertake training, as directed by the Engineering Supervisor/ Engineering Director.
• Identify own training needs, to be discussed with Engineering Supervisor/ Engineering Director
• Must achieve and hold an SC security clearance.
• Undertake any other task as directed by the Engineering Supervisor/ Engineering Director or Senior Manager on site.
Competency, Training & Awareness:
The candidate must have relevant skills, knowledge and ability within the following areas:
• Awareness of IT technologies
• Awareness of data centre infrastructure (PME & PSE)
• Awareness of mechanical infrastructure
• Electrical distribution networks
• Electrically qualified to City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent
• Electrical Test & Inspect qualified to City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent
• IEE 17th/18th Edition (BS7671) Regulations
• Customer service
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Basic IT skills
• SC security cleared
• JIB Status (Desirable)
• ECS (H&S) or equivalent
• CSCS (H&S)
• High Voltage Appointed Person (Desirable)
• CAD Operator Level 2 (Desirable)
• AMTECH Trained (Desirable)
• Experienced in shift work
• GDPR Training
• First Aid/ Fire Marshall qualifications are desirable
• Induction training including Phishing, Equality & Diversity and Anti Bribery Training
The Shift Electrician is a pivotal role within the team. Expectations for this role are always high and therefore being able to manage your own workload with a can-do attitude is essential. This is primarily a customer facing role and you are required at all times to present a professional and helpful attitude.
NB. During 6 months’ probation, hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, for training purposes (6am – 3pm / 9am – 6pm)