(Just off junction 28 of the M4)
Hours of work: 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off working pattern
Basic salary: £30,000 per annum, raising after successful probation + overtime available
Excellent benefits including competitive annual leave and pension scheme
The Shift Electrician is responsible for co-ordination of maintenance on critical infrastructure including switching schedules and safety documentation. They are also responsible for the daily facility and plant room checks, fault finding and diagnostics of electrical systems on site. The Shift Electrician will install and maintain new electrical systems to customer standards, whilst upholding safety guidelines and compliance with codes and regulations.
This role will be privy to some confidential and sensitive information and as such, you will be expected to treat all information as sensitive discussing it only with those people who have the necessary authority. Personnel Clearance A minimum level of SC clearance is required for this position. If the candidate does not have this level of clearance, this will be applied for through the company and employment will be subject to this level of clearance being obtained
• Liaise with Engineering Team members to understand to daily Company objectives and priorities
• Assist DCE Team by providing 24/7 monitoring of the data centre infrastructure, ensuring we not only meet SLAs but exceed them via daily checks, captured on Vivantio System
• Undertaking of daily facility and plantroom checks
• Inspect and submit all paperwork via Sharepoint
• Health and Safety support to contractors undertaking installation works on behalf of our client.
• Complete minor works projects as part of IWOs
• Ensure that all shift documentation is complete, legible and accurate
• Identify ways to reduce PUE
• Assist DCE Team by actioning Remote and Intelligent Hands requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Attend periodic facilities meetings
• Ensuring all Electrical Equipment and Infrastructure are maintained to Standards and Health and Safety Requirements, in line with Annual Maintenance Planner.
•Undertaking electrical installation works to IEE 18th Edition (BS7671) Regulations to affect company and customer objectives.
• Installation of racks and accessories to customer Data Halls, in line with DCE and Engineering team direction
• Liaison with our client’s strategic maintenance sub-contractors to ensure maintenance to our clients Fire, M&E infrastructure and equipment are undertaken in line with Annual Maintenance Planner and Health and Safety guidelines.
• Prioritise own workload and work effectively without supervision
• Ensure the compliance of all our clients Procedures and conform to the requirements of all ISOs and certifications held by the Company.
• Deal with customer queries in a prompt, courteous and professional manner
• Supporting the customer through delivery of exceptional service
• Support the Data Centre Engineer Team Leader and Engineering Supervisor in delivering services that are essential to the success of the business
• Undertake training, as directed by the Engineering Supervisor/ Engineering Director.
• Identify own training needs, to be discussed with Engineering Supervisor/ Engineering Director
• Must achieve and hold an SC security clearance.
• Undertake any other task as directed by the Engineering Supervisor/ Engineering Director or Senior Manager on site.
· Provide Assistance to ensure zero SLA breaches.
· Zero security incidents
· Ongoing contribution to the management of energy committee
· Assistance to the Electrical Supervisor/ Engineering Director in determining business strategy
· Implementing the importance of & facilitating the customer experience
· Seamless handover from Sales to Ops
· Access & escorting in a timely manner
· Timely, quality provision of IWOs
. Client service meeting as required
· Zero complaints about the Engineering operation
· Contribute fully to products and services gross margin
· Contribute fully to pre-sales support as required by Engineering Supervisor/ Engineering Director
· Weekly reports to the Engineering Supervisor.
· Meetings and mentoring with all direct
· All documentation completed accurately
· Adherence to ongoing ISO requirements
· Adherence to contractual obligations
· Adherence to Health & Safety, Security & Environmental Compliance requirements
· End of year appraisals and six-month reviews.
· Training and Development undertaken in line with the our clients training plan in addition to identifying own training needs.
· Peer mentoring within the Engineering team
Competency,Training & Awareness
The candidate must have relevant skills, knowledge and ability within the following areas:
• Awareness of IT technologies
• Awareness of data centre infrastructure (PME & PSE)
• Awareness of mechanical
• Awareness of customer critical infrastructure
• Electrical distribution networks
• Electrically qualified to City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent
• Electrical Test & Inspect qualified to City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent
• IEE 17th/18th Edition (BS7671) Regulations
• Customer service
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Basic IT skills
• SC security cleared
• JIB Status (Desirable)
• ECS (H&S) or equivalent
• CSCS (H&S)
• High Voltage Appointed Person (Desirable)
• CAD Operator Level 2 (Desirable)
• AMTECH Trained (Desirable)
• Experienced in shift work
• GDPR Training
• First Aid/ Fire Marshall qualifications are desirable
• Induction training including Phishing, Equality & Diversity and Anti Bribery Training
The Shift Electrician is a pivotal role within the our clients team. Expectations for this role are always high and therefore being able to manage your own workload with a can-do attitude is essential. This is primarily a customer facing role and you are always required to present a professional and helpful attitude
• Excellent customer care and support
• Delivery of a quality and consistent service to our customers across with departmental SLA’s met
• Professional guidance to customers, management and the team
• Availability and completion work via on call function
• Electrical installation in accordance to IEE 17th/18th Edition (BS7671) Regulations
• Installation of racks and accessories in line with customer requirements
• Maintenance of our clients Fire, M&E infrastructure and equipment with liaison of our client’s strategic maintenance subcontractors
• Completion of daily facility and plant room checks
• Accurate monitoring of EMS alarm system
• Completion of minor works projects through IWOs
• Identification of strategies to reduce PUE
• Records maintained accurately and in accordance to GDPR regulations
• Compliance with Health & Safety, Security & Environmental requirements and ISO accreditation
• Successful completion of SC clearance application
• Support business objectives, goals and strategy.