Full time, permanent
Our client provides a person centred, support led service to individuals with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities across several small residential care homes across Cardiff and Barry. They adopt a ‘can do’ approach that seeks to enable individuals to meet their full potential and gives them a strong voice with decision making and lifestyle choices.
Our client is looking for an experienced, driven and passionate individual, committed to providing and leading others in delivering an excellent level of care and support for vulnerable individuals. The successful candidate will have previous experience of working with individuals with a learning disability/mental health and of supporting those who may exhibit behaviours of concern. Experience working with those under 18 is essential.
As a Team Leader you will work closely with the manager leading a team of support workers in one of the care homes, overseeing the day to day running of the home, mentoring staff and ensuring the health and wellbeing on the individuals our client supports.
The successful candidate will preferably be a driver holding a full, valid UK driving license with access to their own vehicle.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE POST -
• Provide leadership to the team, always acting as a positive role model for both staff and residents.
• Develop your own skills and abilities through training and on the job experience and disseminate your experience and knowledge to the staff team.
• Manage staff rotas, overseeing the ongoing day to day organisation and smooth running of the home.
• Allocate work to staff, agreeing objectives and work plans, assessing performance, and giving appropriate feedback to staff and management.
• Oversee, support and mentor staff members, identifying any training needs and ensuring they are following individuals’ care and support plans in line with company policies and procedures.
• Carry out delegated HR related tasks, including supervisions and return to work interviews following sickness absence.
• Deputise as required in the absence of the care home manager.
• Ensure there is adherence to company policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as regulatory and statutory obligations.
Care and support duties
• Provide support, practical help, and personal care to individuals in accordance with their needs and care plans, ensuring the holistic needs of each individual are met using a person-centred approach.
• Deal appropriately with any behaviours of concern, record and monitor it and actively look for solutions.
• Observe and promote individuals’ choice, independence, dignity, and privacy, and support them to ensure they achieve their goals.
• Liaise and form professional working relationships with individuals’ family members, health care professionals and other external stakeholders to ensure the continued health and well-being of those we support.
• Administer medication as prescribed and in accordance with company policy.
• Participate in the assessment, development, implementation and review of individuals’ care plans, risk assessments, management guidelines and other documentation, ensuring files are updated and accurately maintained.
• Maintain accurate records
• Participate in relevant training and attend meetings as necessary, contributing to the overall company policy, direction and methods of working by taking part in company strategy days, workshops and team events.
• Behave at all times in accordance with the company’s ethos and values, leading by example.
• A QCF/NVQ Level 3 qualification with willingness to work towards level 5.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a care home setting.
• Previous experience in a leadership/supervisory role.
• Experience of mentoring staff and providing them with a good role model.
• Experience of dealing with health care professionals and external agencies as part of a team.
• Knowledge in the field of learning disabilities and/or mental health.
• Working knowledge of safeguarding issues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support and Positive Behaviour Management models within a residential setting.
• At least 21 years of age.
• Able to work flexibly.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• NVQ/QCF Level 5
• IOSH managing/leading safely qualification.
• Experience of managing rotas.
• Familiarity with Boots medication systems.
• Understanding of internal audit process in relation to medicine and care.
• Experience of working with children/young adults in a care role.
• Experience of carrying out needs assessments and risk assessments.
• Experience of drawing up management plans for individuals.
• Full UK Car Driving Licence.