Trainee Financial Planner
Up to £35k DOE
Permanent, Full time
Brief description of role and responsibilities:
Financial Planners provide clients with advice and make recommendations on ways to best utilise their assets to achieve their objectives. They achieve this by underpinning any advice with cashflow analysis. As a professional, a Financial Planner can then offer expert advice on suitable investments, protection, tax pensions and mortgages and create a valuable financial plan for a client, which will enable them to achieve their objectives. A Trainee Financial Planner will look to progress towards this role within an agreed period, undertaking a mixture of client advice, shadowing and Paraplanning tasks in order to support the Financial Planners within the firm, and their clients.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• To conduct in-depth reviews of clients' financial circumstances, current provision and future aims based on their changing needs and circumstances
• Analyse information and present Financial Plans best suited to individual clients' requirements
• Preparation of new and existing client Cashflows ready for Cashflow meetings and Annual Strategy meetings.
• Assess client’s attitude to risk and capacity for loss using a risk assessment tool of choice
• Design financial strategies
• Writing Suitability Letters and Financial Planning reports that are accurate, personalised and match the client’s objectives.
• Implementing agreed actions from Authority to Proceed notifications including taking fees from providers, allocating investments to wrappers, linking investment models, placing buy/sell trades
• Assisting clients to make informed decisions and educate them on Financial Planning and Investment Philosophy
• Liaise with financial services providers to keep up to date on solutions in the market place
• Receiving instructions from meeting notes/tasks from Financial Planners following client meetings. • Interpreting data obtained by Financial Planners during client meetings and establishing with the Financial Planner via de briefings the correct recommendations to be taken.
• Generating and accurately saving research undertaken in a structured and consistent format.
• Contacting third parties and providers to gather detailed information.
• Carrying out all tasks in a manner consistent with regulatory and internal compliance procedures.
• Ability to work efficiently under own initiative with impeccable attention to detail.
Description of duties:
• Meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided and costs the advised products;
• Maintaining professional qualifications, e.g. ongoing assessments and structured Continuous Professional Development.
• Deliver all of the above with integrity, honesty and professionalism.
Qualifications and experience required :
•Level 4 Diploma 2 years’ experience within a client service environment
•Good communication both written and verbally and computer literacy skills required Good presentation skills Prepared to take the CFP qualification