Trainer Coach Health and Social Care
Up to £26,000
Trainer Coaches are key to the success of our client’s apprentices’ learning journey. You must be enthusiastic and passionate about teaching, learning and developing individuals’ skills. Being able to share your own skills and develop others alongside maintaining a positive relationship with the apprentice and employer is of upmost importance. You will be responsible for maintaining a caseload of learners as well as supporting learner achievement, success and progression. You will teach, assess and record all aspects of teaching and learning using e-portfolios and learner journeys, creating a bespoke programme for each apprentice and their employer.
• Plan and deliver both knowledge and competency-based qualifications according to relevant Awarding Bodies, funding, and organisational requirements.
• Plan and deliver workshops or ‘off-the job’ training sessions where necessary to provide effective teaching and learning opportunities to fulfil requirements of the programme.
• Prepare and develop resources to support delivery of the learning programme including Moodle resources.
• Provide support, information, and guidance to learners through a coaching model.
• Completion of monthly learner progress reviews and target setting.
• Track learner progression and assess achievement to ensure timely completion of programmes.
• Support, deliver and develop learner’s awareness and skills in areas including literacy, numeracy, digital literacy, employability, Welsh Language, sustainability, and all crosscutting themes.
• Support contract, quality, and compliance requirements to ensure attainment, recruitment and caseload targets are met.
• Have a strong commitment to continued professional development and a willingness to explore opportunities for further development.
• Elements of the role may involve working with adults at risk, children and young people in an educational setting.
• Reviewing the safeguarding and wellbeing of learners and escalating through the appropriate process where required.
• TAQA or equivalent
• Proven experience of assessing/tutoring vocational qualifications
• Occupational competence for the specialised vocational areas and level required
• Digitally competent and confident
• Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
• Ability to react flexibly under pressure and to work to tight deadlines
• Proven experience of using digital technologies to promote teaching and learning
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Hands-on approach and ‘can do’ attitude
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
• Committed to learning and development
• Knowledge and understanding of the Professional Standards for Worked Based Learning Practitioners in Wales
• Full driving license, willing to travel across South Wales