£9.23 - £10.26 per hour, DOE
Start date ASAP
End date 31.10.21
37 hours per week (or job share)
To Assist the Site Lead with the routine operational and day to day running of the site and its activities during site opening hours.
To undertake specific areas of responsibility within the site’s day to day operation and complete set project work under the direction of the Site Lead to meet agreed timescales.
To develop an understanding of the whole Attractions service, its priorities and targets and to deliver a high quality service.
To provide a positive visitor experience, providing high quality retail, visitor and other related customer services, including assisting with the provision of events and activities as required.
To assist in the delivery of an effective and efficient catering/vending service and to follow relevant systems and procedures.
To contribute to the well-being of all site users by practising a high standard of customer care and to deal with customers’ enquiries and complaints.
To carry out routine maintenance functions under the supervision of the Site Lead.
To have knowledge of front of house till systems and to assist with the site’s banking at the end of the shift in line with audit requirements.
To set up/set down of equipment and preparation of rooms for specific uses.
To assist the Wedding, Conference and Activities Co-ordinator and the Site Co-ordinator with specific tasks for special events.
To contribute to maintaining high level of cleaning standards around the site and ensuring that facilities are at clean and presentable for our users.
To abide by the councils policy and practice with regard to safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults.
To undertake any other duty as may be required by the Senior Management Team, compatible with the level and remit of this post.
The hours of work will be on a rota system and will include weekdays, weekends, and Bank Holidays. At the discretion of the Senior Management Team, these shifts may change to meet the changing demands of the service.
Annual Appraisal Key Performance Areas
· Overall Contribution
· Health and Safety
· Delegated Areas of Responsibility
· Presentation of Service
How will we know if you are the right person for the role? As the successful candidate you will have demonstrated:-
· Experience of working in a hospitality related service or a visitor attraction
· Ability to work well with others and have the ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative as well as operating as an effective team member
· Experience of ICT packages and computerised FOH booking and till systems
· Possess good levels of communication skills to be able to communicate to different levels of staff/management, user groups, customers and members.
· To be passionate and committed to the delivery of a quality service with an awareness of customer care principles.
· Confident and assertive and be able to perform well under pressure and without direct supervision
· Willingness to undertake staff development training in order to improve in the post.
· To be flexible and have the willingness to work when required and at different sites.
· Willingness to abide by the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, including undertaking appropriate equality awareness training