Welsh speaking Recruitment & Support Officer
Full-time (37hrs/wk), flexitime
Our client is an independent regulator whose principal aims focus on safeguarding the interests of learners and improving standards of professional conduct within educational settings.
Our client has a responsibility for the promotion of careers in the education professions in Wales, on behalf of Welsh Government. Reporting directly to the Promotion of Careers Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of a team that will promote careers in the education professions to increase the number of people training and remaining within the education sector in Wales.
The main purpose of the role will be to play a lead operational role in the implementation of the ‘Educators Wales’ recruitment, advocacy and support service.
**Strong Welsh language skills (written and spoken) are essential for this position**
• Assist to further develop the information, advice, guidance and advocacy service for individuals and partner organisations with the aim of making this service and team the known point of contact in Wales
• Represent the Educators Wales brand in the areas of recruitment, advocacy and widening participation at key organisational events
• Build and maintain a network of stakeholders, such as educational institution HR departments, university employability services, teaching staff, student societies and employers
• Deliver bespoke sourcing activities, nationally and on a smaller-scale including organising and delivering tailored presentations / networking events / skills workshops, attending key careers fairs etc.
• Assist in developing a national sourcing strategy to support the educator recruitment targets for Wales
• Support the development and facilitation of targeted recruitment campaigns and activities for schools, work-based learning, youth work and further education
• Support the development and facilitation of stakeholder engagement plans for priority recruitment areas for the education workforce in Wales, including BAME, STEM and Welsh language recruitment
• Assist in evaluating the impact of promotional activity against recruitment targets
• Provide a professional enquiry service and help desk facility to respond to enquiries’ including providing information and advice to the general public, those currently working within the education sector, training providers and employers
• Liaise with educators, training providers and employers to develop relevant content for the ‘Educators Wales’ website as directed by the Promotion of Careers Manager
• Support the maintenance of the ‘Educators Wales’ website and multiple social media channels
• Liaise with external stakeholders to review the ‘Educators Wales’ website and work with the promotion of careers team and the website developers to enhance the sites current functionalities
• Keep abreast of emerging developments in the education sector which are relevant to the promotion of careers within the profession
• Provide general administrative support to the Promotion of Careers team as required.
• Educated to degree level or significant relevant experience
• Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office packages and social media platforms
• Experience of managing work effectively in a project environment, planning and prioritising work to meet deadlines.
• Experience of delivering promotional activities and events
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to disseminate and understand complicated issues.
• Ability to collate diverse information and data.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to include:
• The ability to write clearly, concisely and persuasively in a range of formats for a range of internal and external audiences
• The ability to present complex information at an appropriate level to a wide range of audiences.
• Experience of using presentation skills to deliver specific messages to target audiences
• Fluent Welsh speaker and ability to work through the medium of Welsh and English
• Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues and network with external stakeholders.
• Able to manage self and competing workload demands, work independently and be proactive.
• Must hold a full UK driving licence as frequent travel and some overnight stays will be required for this role.
• Knowledge of the education system in Wales
• Experience of working in the education sector.
• Experience of implementing a tailored, focused strategy for engagement, with a particular focus on priority recruitment.
• Experience of strategic planning and performance monitoring.