Welsh Speaking Public Information Officer
£10.24 per hour
Full Time / Temporary
Start: Mid/End Feb
MTo research and respond to all public enquiries on electoral law and practice that come into the Commission by telephone, email, letter and social media. To log all correspondence and monitor trends.
The successful candidate should be a bilingual Welsh - English speaker.
The main responsibilities are:
• As part of a team, to respond to public enquiries received by email, telephone, letter and social media in a timely and accurate manner.
• To research and consult with colleagues to find appropriate responses to new or complex queries
• To complete public information databases, including the logging and monitoring of enquiries, and providing reports as required.
• To provide excellent customer service and ensure that all enquiries are dealt in a friendly and prompt manner.
• To contribute to the overall performance of the Public Information team.
• To understand, and actively promote, the aims and objectives of the Corporate Plan.
• To ensure equality of opportunity is maintained and respected at all times in accordance with the appropriate policies and procedures.
• To work co-operatively with colleagues across the Commission.
• To comply with the statutory provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
• To actively participate in opportunities to communicate within the organisation including attending team and directorate meetings.
• To make full use technology for all appropriate tasks.
• To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly with others to respond to needs of an evolving organisation.
• To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
• To perform any other duty as directed by line management.
• Good standard of education, to include GCSE English or equivalent
• Experience of providing information to the public
• Experience of research using a variety of methods including the internet
• Experience of using and maintaining information resources (databases, websites, etc.)
• Good IT skills, including ability to use MS Word, Outlook, Excel and the Internet
• Ability to work remotely as necessary.
• An understanding of good customer care and the ability to deal with a range of different queries and customer situations.
• Strong written communication skills
• Familiarity with UK political systems and Structures