Salary £25000-£35000 per annum
Our client is seeking an experienced WordPress developer with front and back end skillset to support all areas of design, development and asset creation for the company, its Partner brands and Charity associations.
The successful candidate will be a confident and capable Developer who can work to deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail. Working closely with the Marketing Manager you will develop and maintain our current WordPress products along with project planning for new ventures creating and customising plugins and themes.
Whilst there is support available, you will be capable of working independently and have a pragmatic, solutions-based approach to problems.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Design and implement attractive and functional websites
• Responsible for front and back end development including themes and plugins.
• Manage site integration and security updates.
• Conducting website performance and functionality tests.
• Troubleshoot content issues
• Understand SEO best practices to be able to produce optimised pages which are fast to load and mobile responsive.
• The creation of all graphic design requirements as needed.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in web design and development in a small team or agency.
They will be innovative, not afraid to bring new ideas to the table and be able to work across multiple projects.
As well as being personable, well organized and able to work on multiple projects, self-driven, with a proven ability to work under pressure and achieve targets and deadlines.
Great problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude.
Qualifications – desirable but not essential:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience developing and managing WordPress page builders.
• Understanding of User Experience best practices
• SEO best practice
• Graphic Design
• Working with APIs
You will receive access to a fantastic benefits package, which befits an award winning and Investors in People Gold Standard company, including:
• Contributory pension scheme.
• Employee bonus scheme.
• Subsidised parking.
• Flexible working.
• Long service awards.
• Staff social fund.