Monday to Friday + occasional Saturday mornings on a rota
£23,000 - £26,265 per annum, DOE
St David Recruitment Services are proud to be recruiting on behalf of one of South Wales’ most prominent and successful credit unions. They currently have a need for an experienced Branch Manager to assist in their brand-new Cardiff Central branch. The post holder will be managing a small, friendly team.
• To be responsible for the implementation of our client’s policies and procedures, in compliance with relevant regulations and legislation.
• To oversee all aspects of line management of the loans, credit control, and member services teams.
• To oversee the day-to-day running of the Cardiff branch, and deliver branch target across a range of objectives, ensuring a positive and welcoming experience for members
• To work in partnership with other relevant bodies and colleagues of the union to achieve organisational objectives, developing and maintaining effective referral systems with a range of advice and support agencies, to assist members and promote financial capability and inclusion.
• To be responsible for data security and systems management within the base.
• To work with the internal Team Leader’s and Operations Manager to ensure branch consistency across the organisation
• As part of the management team, to continuously review and develop operational procedures and processes, ensuring an efficient, effective and member-focussed service delivery.
• To develop, maintain and use performance management systems and reports, fit to deliver success for individual, team and business targets and standards, in keeping with Business Plan, Operational Plan and Marketing Plan objectives
• To contribute to the union’s ongoing commitment to member service improvement, both in-branch and digitally.
• To contribute to the production of annual budget planning, which reflect operational priorities
• To ensure that the premises is a safe working environment for the branch team and customers, and to manage any health and safety issues that arise.
• To ensure that enquiries from members, visitors, staff and the general public, received in person, by telephone, social media, email/messaging or letter are dealt with promptly and effectively from the Cardiff branch.
• To carry out loan assessments, customer services and credit control tasks in accord with policy and procedures.
• To provide training, support and supervision and security of the teams who report to the position.
• To occasionally attend Board meetings and provide updates and reports to the Board as required.
• To deputise for the Operations Manager and carry out all other reasonable duties relating to the effective implementation of the role.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven experience of operational management within a credit union or similar financial services environment
• Strong management skills, and the ability to motivate, develop and lead teams proactively.
• Sound decision making skills and the ability to make judgements and decisions quickly.
• Ability to take ownerships of areas of responsibility and pro-actively problem solve.
• Excellent written and communication skills, including the ability to oversee the production of professional written promotional material and to present formally to a wide range of partners and potential members
• A good level of education, including strong numeracy and literacy skills.
• Ability to work outside of normal working hours as required.
• Recognised management qualification
• Recognised qualification in Health & Safety