£10.21 per hour
Temp to Perm
Full Time - 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday
**Basic DBS required**
Responsible for: Managing all patient queries and patient bookings, both inpatient and outpatient; pricing enquiries; general questions around the hospital stay (location, consultants, facilities, length of stay) and all booking-related correspondence with our client’s Consultants and their secretaries. The department is also responsible for processing and implementing patient feedback.
Team members may be required to work in any department to meet the needs of the service, with potentially variable patterns of work, which may include weekend working.
Team members will provide exceptional customer service, striving to meet and exceed expectations of patients, consultants and colleagues. They will consistently present a high standard of professionalism, personal appearance and ensure confidentiality at all times.
Core duties are to assist patients in the easiest possible way to see a clinician and to ensure accurate registration and payment or insurance details are obtained from all patients.
Enquiries are handled courteously, efficiently and with empathy.
Can do attitudes to be shown at all times
Tasks are undertaken efficiently and with attention to detail
Day to Day Responsibilities
Team members will strive to maintain quality within the service and will:
· Provide an effective and efficient administration and customer service to patients, consultants, and colleagues.
· Alert other team members to issues that affect quality and risk.
· Assess own performance and take accountability for their own actions either directly or, under supervision.
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities, making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance team performance.
· Participate in development of service-specific user manuals and support induction for new starters and on-going support.
· Promote and act as first point of contact for customers ensuring feedback, escalating complaints when required in line with policy.
· Liaise with all departments to ensure smooth patient experience.
· Record and manage all data in line with GDPR and hospital policies.
· Answer incoming calls to the department, ensuring appropriate call handling and a clear and professional service.
· Make new and follow up appointments and book Specialist clinics for patients, as necessary.
· Provide advice to patients concerning charging and booking processes and ensure patients’ payment and registration details are complete and accurate.
· Participate in departmental audits, including ensuring every patient is invited to participate in a satisfaction survey and maintaining a record of those who may decline.
· Scan and appropriately name all relevant documentation into the patient record in CompuCare, ensuring ease of retrieval.
· Ensure all administrative records have integrity and are managed in line with the organisation’s Information Governance standards.
· Maintain a clean and professional work environment at all times.
If you are available immediately and have a ‘can do’ attitude, please send your CV to us today.