Full time, permanent role
Closing date 6th September 2021
· Ensuredeliveryofnewhomesandregenerationprojectsfrominceptiontotheendofdefectsliability, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, governance and audit requirementsofstakeholders andexternal funders.
· To manage, organise and control the provision of consistent, high quality, value for moneyand customer focussed services to ensure Health, Safety, Environmental and Qualitycomplianceisachieved andtheCompany'sproceduresandobjectivesaredelivered.
· Assist with the provision of Building Surveying services to achieve thecompany’scorporate objectives.
· To contribute to the delivery of the Corporate Plan and Asset Management Strategy and Development Strategy
· Supporting the delivery of the annual development and regeneration programme to the targets set.
· Apply recognised project management methods to effectively deliver contracts and programmes of work from RIBA stage 0 to 6.
· Identify development opportunities and/or acquisitions on new and/or existing land and property in line with Asset Management Strategy
· Provide general assistance in all aspects of pre and post contract work, including assisting with feasibility studies, site investigations, viability assessments, procurement, appointment and monitoring of consultants and contractors.
· Assist with funding and grant application for the new build properties in line with Welsh government guidance requirements.
· Manage the collection of project related data to populate and update our Asset, Housing Management, Repairs and Risk Management database.
· To control and supervise consultants, contracts and contractors in line with financial regulations, standing orders and contractual terms and conditions.
· To control and supervise consultant and contractors work including the agreement of variations and quality audits as required to comply with agreed business processes, contractual terms and conditions.
· Ensure that the contracts and projects are delivered in line with approved policies and procedures, meeting standards for quality, time and cost.
· Manage projects and ensure they are planned to a level of detail necessary for the team to deliver the scheme without delays and to budget.
· Apply risk based judgement in all decision making and follow the principles of the Construction (Design Management) Regulations to improve Health and Safety and ensure all risks involved are identified and managed.
· Produce and analyse progress reports, update costs and forecasts and take action to match delivery with plans. Chair and attend contract meetings with all relevant stakeholders, ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions and ensure the implementation all necessary actions. Manage the performance of appointed consultants and contractors through regular contract meetings to ensure projects are returned in a timely manner in line with required quality standards.
· Control and supervise contractors work including the agreement of variations and quality audits as required to comply with agreed business processes and contractual terms and conditions.
· Ensure weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning are carried out, and ‘look ahead’ arrangements are in place including work programmes, decision and action logs, risk registers and issue and problem logs etc.
· Ensure and advise on compliance with relevant legislation, guidance and best practice
· e.g. Welsh Government Design Quality Requirements, Building regulations, Planning Requirements, DDA, HHSRS, party wall act, CDM, asbestos, fire regulations etc. Ensure that all works comply with all statutory regulations e.g. Building Regulations and/or Planning Approval and organise Building Notice applications for all notifiable work.
· Record and bring any health and safety shortfalls observed to the attention of the person(s) concerned and escalate matters to senior managers if person(s) concerned are not managing risks to your satisfaction.
· Provide clear concise instructions in a timely manner in order to minimise project delays.
· To give advice to residents and liaise on tenants and residents behalf with contractors.
· Liaise with tenants and local residents on all aspects relating to a project.
· Work with tenants to ensure energy and moisture is managed correctly in the home.
· Manage the performance of appointed consultants and contractors through regular contract meetings to ensure projects are returned in a timely manner in line with required quality standards.
· Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of contracts and services.
· Provide comprehensive technical advice and support to colleagues and offer technical solutions to deliver agreed outputs and outcomes
· Inspection of assets and the application of standards to informed actions. Including but not limited to H&S, WHQS, HHSRS, Section 11 Landlord and Tenant Act, Section 4 Defective Premises Act.
· Diagnose building defects and schedule appropriate remedial works
· To draw up plans, specifications, tenders bills of quantities as required, and to ensure the efficient and effective procurement and management of technical activities and contracts.
· Always represent the copmany in a professional manner.
· Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Comply with the Organisation’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
· Understand and demonstrate the principles of confidentiality
· Observe and continually promote the company Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
· The duties and responsibilities are difficult to define in detail and may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibilities entailed. The post holder is therefore expected to undertake such other duties as may be requested provided the general character of the duties or level of responsibility does not change.
Risk, Health & Safety
· Implement the risk management process, produce and review a risk register and check risk controls are effective.
· Working collaboratively to ensure contracts are managed in a safe manner and risks are mitigated
· Work proactively with the Health and Safety Advisor to minimise Health and Safety incidents and ensure that lessons learnt are fully and properly embedded.
· Comply with Health and Safety and Welfare at Work policy.