£10.12 per hour
Part Time (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
Our client is seeking a Band 3 Medical Secretary to for 3 days per week, based in Bridgend.
CVs welcome from applicants with medical secretary experience.
Main duties will include;
• To undertake typing and audio typing duties – to include reports, clinic letters, discharge summaries and general correspondence, on a word processing package, ensuring these tasks are completed in a timely fashion
• To support in the management of inputting operating lists, including relevant codes onto the Theatre TOMS system, in liaison with the Consultant, and to ensure appropriate distribution of these lists.
• To assist the Specialty with ensuring the on-call duty rota is updated as and when required and distributed appropriately.
• To prepare and distribute agendas and minutes for departmental meetings
• To maintain Consultants diaries and make appointments, where appropriate
• To deal with incoming and outgoing mail.
• To undertake general filing, photocopying and faxing duties
• To liaise with patients, relatives, and colleagues in other departments in a courteous manner, either by phone or in person, ensuring all messages are delivered accurately and promptly.
• To provide complete secretarial cover for the department in the absence of other secretaries
• To supervise clerk typists within the department, where appropriate and to assist in the training of these staff in the use of new software packages and developments in secretarial practices.
• To assist in the collation and provision of information for medical audit purposes, accessing and retrieving data from computerized systems, where provided.
• To manage and maintain the inpatient/day case waiting list within the department in keeping with Referral to Treatment times guidelines.
• To update promptly on USC and NUSC patients to allow timely progress on the cancer pathway.
• To ensure prompt responses to general enquiries, requests for medical records, complaints/litigation are received from the Consultant/ medical staff
• On a monthly basis, to collate and submit attendance records for all medical staff with the relevant team to the Directorate Team.
• Any other additional and relevant duties within the scope of responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have excellent typing skills, be able to effectively prioritise their work load, and have knowledge of medical terminology.