Solicitor – Clinical Negligence
Salary – Competitive
35 hours per week (9.00 am – 5.00 pm) with 1 hour for lunch
Our client is looking for Solicitor to join their busy Clinical Negligence team in Newport.
• A minimum of 1 year’s experience of working within Clinical Negligence Department (pre or post qualifying).
• Proven ability to manage your own caseload. To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and to provide a profitable contribution to the work of the Clinical Negligence Department and Firm.
• Ability to maintain excellent working relationships with not only the other personnel within the firm, but with external institutions and organisations.
• A commitment to hard work.
• Good IT skills and experience of using a range of Windows based systems.
• To manage all client work allocated and in accordance with detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s Office Manual.
• To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs.
• To develop business initiatives to improve departmental workloads and billing.
• To strengthen existing client relationships and introduce new clients to the individual Departments and firm.
• To assist other Departments of the firm when so advised.
• At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
• To ensure the confidentiality and security of all the firm’s and client documentation and information.
• To achieve agreed levels of own billing and time recording.
• In close liaison with the Accounts Dept, to have overall responsibility for credit control on own matters.
• To comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors.
• To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the firm.
• To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
• To supervise, support and develop immediate support staff.
• To take responsibility for and attend to self-development.
• In conjunction with the firm, to comply with the relevant training requirements of the Law Society and to assist with in-house training as may be required.
Please send your CV across if you have the relevant experience or if you want to hear more about the company and their benefits offered.